Nutrition Facts (Per 147g Serve)
A raw treat for all sweet tooths!
With the release of our newest whey protein flavour – Peppermint Slice – comes a range of new tasty recipes to make with it!
First up is this decadent, Raw Choc Peppermint Cake.
Featuring a crunchy choc mint base, a creamy mint filling and a smooth chocolate topping, there is no possible way to resist.
This clean treat is high in protein and healthy fats from whey protein, nuts and coconut. It’s also sweetened naturally with dates and honey.
So if you’re after a natural, raw treat you’ve come to the right place!
For the base:
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) or Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) in Peppermint Slice
- 1 cup (160g) raw almonds
- 1/2 cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- 12 (200g) medjool dates
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil – melted
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 2 tabelspoons almond spread
- Pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) raw cashew nuts – soaked overnight
- 180g natural yogurt
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 150g coconut cream – thick component
- 1/2 cup coconut oil – melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint essence
For the topping:
- 200g quality dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- To make the base: Line the base of a circular cake tin with baking paper.
- Place all base ingredients in a foodprocessor and blend until they come together. If too dry, add one tablespoon of extra water at at time until the mixture comes together.
- Press into the base of the cake tin and set aside.
- To make the filling: Drain the cashew nuts and place all remaining filling ingredients in a food processor.
- Process for 5-10 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling over the base and place in the fridge to set for approximately three hours.
- To make the topping: Carefully remove the cake from the tin. To help, run a hot knife around the edge of the cake first then lift out from the base.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together over the stove or in the microwave.
- Evenly pour the chocolate mixture over the cake and allow to drizzle down the edges.
- The cake can be served right away or kept in the fridge until ready to serve.
- It is best kept for up to one week and is not suitable for freezing.
|Per Serve||Per 100g|