Nutrition Facts (Per 147g Serve)
Makes: 12 slices (one cake)
For the base:
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) or Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) in Peppermint Slice
- 1 cup (160g) raw almonds
- 1/2 cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- 12 (200g) medjool dates
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil – melted
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 2 tabelspoons almond spread
- Pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) raw cashew nuts – soaked overnight
- 180g natural yogurt
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 150g coconut cream – thick component
- 1/2 cup coconut oil – melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint essence
For the topping:
- 200g quality dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- To make the base: Line the base of a circular cake tin with baking paper.
- Place all base ingredients in a foodprocessor and blend until they come together. If too dry, add one tablespoon of extra water at at time until the mixture comes together.
- Press into the base of the cake tin and set aside.
- To make the filling: Drain the cashew nuts and place all remaining filling ingredients in a food processor.
- Process for 5-10 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling over the base and place in the fridge to set for approximately three hours.
- To make the topping: Carefully remove the cake from the tin. To help, run a hot knife around the edge of the cake first then lift out from the base.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together over the stove or in the microwave.
- Evenly pour the chocolate mixture over the cake and allow to drizzle down the edges.
- The cake can be served right away or kept in the fridge until ready to serve.
- It is best kept for up to one week and is not suitable for freezing.
|Per Serve||Per 100g|