- Whey Protein – For breakfast I have a massive protein smoothie with a number of ingredients including Whey Protein Isolate (WPI). All up the shake is around 1500 calories and has a great mix of protein, fat, carbs, fibre and micronutrients. I prefer to use WPI because it mixes easier and tastes better but Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) is a suitable, lower cost alternative. For those that can’t tolerate dairy, consider the Beef Protein Isolate or Earth Protein also sold by Bulk Nutrients.
- Creatine Monohydrate – Simply put, Creatine is the most research and scientifically validated supplement other than whey protein powder. I consider it essential for getting more results from training and maximising performance on competition days.
- Acetyl Carnitine – I use this as a stimulant free preworkout as I swear I feel more energetic and mentally alert after taking a few grams of powder in water. It tastes a little sour, not too different from lemon water, and goes down easily enough with my Creatine Monohydrate.
- Cognitone – On days when I’m lacking sleep or feeling extra lethargic, I take Cognitone in addition to my Creatine and Carnitine for an extra kick. I try to avoid taking high dose stimulants on a regular basis so instead stick to smaller serve than is recommended but I still find it potent enough to have a beneficial effect. The tropical flavour tastes great.
- BCAA Recovery – A delicious tasting, sugar free combination of BCAAs and Electrolytes. I drink this during training as I find it helps me train heavier for longer and replenishes my sweat loss better than plain water. My training sessions usually last 3-4 hours and I find the great taste helps keep hunger at bay until after training which is when I have dinner. Absolutely love the tropical and watermelon flavours.
- Micellar Casein – This is my final protein shake of the day which I consume with full cream milk. It thickens up like a thick shake, tastes absolutely delicious and helps to prevent me waking up during the night hungry or starving first thing upon waking in the morning.