Here’s one of my favourite new recipes to share with you all.
The first time I made these was for Christmas Day, as they remind me of rum balls!
However, they also serve as the perfect snack for those of you (like me) who have a sweet tooth.
This recipe is quick and super easy. All you need is a blender and your hands! It makes approximately 12-15 balls which can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 3 scoops (90g) Bulk Nutrients Thermowhey in Salted Caramel
- 15 x Pitted dates
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- Optional: Shredded coconut
- Place the dates in a blender and blend thoroughly.
- Add a small handful each of pumpkin seeds, goji berries, sunflower seeds, cranberries and almonds into the blender, and blend until you have a fine mixture
- Next add 3 scoops of Salted Caramel Thermowhey, and a tablespoon each of cinnamon, cacao powder and chia seeds. Then blend again.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons of water so the mixture becomes sticky and easy to roll.
- Pour the mixture onto a chopping board and roll into balls.
- Optional: Roll each ball in shredded coconut to finish.
- Store in the refrigerator until they’re all gone.
The mixture makes approximately 12-15 bite sized protein balls, where each ball is estimated to be approximately 8C/5P/5F
I love creating my own protein balls so that I know exactly what ingredients are in them, making it easy to stick to my macros. These protein balls serve as my perfect, tasty afternoon snack, with a cup of peppermint tea.
I source all my spices, nuts and seeds from Nuts About Life and my protein of choice is the Bulk Nutrients Salted Caramel Thermowhey. This is different from protein isolates and concentrates, as it also contains fat burning ingredients. Plus, the salted caramel flavour is amazing to use in baking clean treats!
Purchase your Salted Caramel Thermowhey by clicking Bulk.li/Lara to get a little coupon from me and to start earning rewards points!