Nutrition Facts (Per Serve)
Low-calorie homemade marshmallow
There’s really nothing better than a Whey Hot on these chilly winter nights.
But what’s even better is the addition of homemade marshmallow to melt on top!
This homemade marshmallow recipe contains no refined sugar thanks to our Sweetvia and has a sweet berry flavour with a hint of rose.
It takes no time to make so you can whip this up right now and enjoy later on.
- 160g strawberries
- 1/4 cup water or coconut water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon Bulk Nutrients Sweetvia
- 2 tablespoons (18g) gelatin powder – NB: Vegan alternatives for gelatin won’t work well in this recipe.
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- *Optional dusting: powdered agave sugar, desiccated coconut or coconut sugar.
*Read the instructions carefully first and have all of the ingredients prepared as you will need to work at a relatively fast pace.
- Prepare a brownie size baking tin by spraying with oil and coating well with a blend of coconut flour (2 tablespoons) and corn flour (1 tablespoon) so that mixture can be easily removed later.
- Combine strawberries, vanilla essence, rose water, water and Sweetvia over low heat in a saucepan. Simmer until strawberries are broken down.
- Push strawberry mixture through a sieve so that about 3/4 cup of pulp-free juice remains. Set aside
- Combine boiling water and gelatin and whisk quickly to dissolve gelatin.
- Working quickly so the gelatin doesn’t set, add still hot strawberry mix.
- Use an electric whisk and beat for about 5 minutes or until gelatin has thickened to resemble lightly shocked egg whites and mixture has lightened in colour.
- Quickly spread marshmallow mix into prepared tin and allow to set at room temperature.
- Slice with a hot, sharp knife and roll through your choice of dusting.
- Enjoy with a Chocolate or Vanilla Chai Whey Hot!
|Per Serve||Per 100g|