Nutrition Facts (Per Serve)
A real chilli beef flavour sensation
This savoury dish is perfect for the cooler weather we’ve been having lately.
Chockers with flavour from paprika, cumin and coriander and the timeless combination of beef and tomato, it’ll comfort you on even the coldest of nights.
This Mexican Chilli Beef is also a great meal prep option, make enough for your lunches for the whole week and stay on track!
- Coconut oil – for frying
- 500g ground beef mince
- 3 slices of lean bacon – chopped
- 2 beef stock cubes – dissolved in small amount of boiling water
- 2 cups water
- ½ brown onion – diced
- 1 large garlic clove – chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- chilli – as much as you desire
- 2 scoops Bulk Nutrients Fine Powdered Oats
- Optional toppings: Crumbly feta cheese and spring onion
- Heat a medium pot to a high heat.
- Add the coconut oil, onion, garlic and bacon and sauté until softened.
- Add beef mince and cook until lightly browned.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the Fine Powdered Oats.
- Reduce heat to a medium temperature and simmer until the liquid reduces – about one hour.
- Sprinkle over Fine Powdered Oats, one scoop at a time and stir in well to ensure no clumping. If the mix becomes too dry add 1/2 cup of water.
- Serve immediately on brown rice, quinoa or your choice of base and add toppings. This recipes is also great in tacos or burritos.
|Per Serve||Per 100g|