Combining ripe banana with nutmeg and cinnamon gives it a slightly spiced caramel flavour and substituting refined sugars for small amounts of honey and coconut sugar allow you to create a tasty snack that isn’t too sweet and is definitely not full of nasties!
The inclusion of micellar casein allows for a slow release of energy which will keep you satisfied for longer.
Enjoy with raspberry jam or ricotta on top, it’s perfect to have alongside your morning coffee or as an afternoon snack.
Makes: 2 mini loaves
- 1 large ripe banana
- ⅓ cup liquid egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp almond meal
- 15 grams Bulk Nutrients WPC or WPI
- ⅓ cup Bulk Nutrients Micellar Casein
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup sultanas (optional)
- Set oven to 170 degrees and line two mini loaf tins.
- In a bowl, mash banana and combine with egg whites, nutmeg, cinnamon and honey.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well.
- Divide evenly between two small loaf tins.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing to cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with butter, honey, raspberry jam, peanut butter or ricotta.
|Per serve (46g)||Per 100g|
– Saturated (g)
– Sugar (g)